Clutch Problems

My problem is an intermitting problem with my clutch. Occasionally I will have a problem getting it into 1st gear and difficult 2nd. Other times everything works fine.

When this happens I must depress my pedal about a 1/4 of the way before I get a firm pedal. This reminds me of the same symptom when I replaced my slave cylinder about 2 years ago. Although now I have no fluid loss.

I have a 1993 XLT with a 5 speed. The slave cylinder and pressure plate have been replaced about 2 years ago. I have 150K on the powertrain.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
lovs2fly

Try bleeding the clutch hydraulic system. I've had a similar problem and bleeding always fixed the problem - for a few months. Mark

lovs2fly wrote:

Reply to
Mark Barrett