Console / Armrest Cracking

I have the console / armrest on my console in between the bucket seats cracking on my 2000 Explorer. Is there any place to go for a replacement besides my $ Ford Dealer $ !

Thanks, MikeB

Reply to
Mike B

I dunno, but mine (97 XLT) is too and it looks like crap. I have the full leather interior and the cheesy plastic armrest is all cracking up. I'm thinking of having a leather cover done for it...

-Fred W '97 XLT 5.0 AWD

Reply to
Fred W.

I found kits for sale to replace the console covering at

I ordered and replaced mine about two weeks ago and it is a perfect match. Very easy to install (it's even provided with the instructions with some helpful tips to make the replacement do-able by one person) and best of all, none of the proceeds (that I'm aware of) go to FORD!

Thanks, MikeB

Reply to
Randy

Reply to
Richard Ray

replacement

No, that's a different problem. I had that one on a '94. That was where the support bracket would cracked on the hinged arm rest. This is on the later X'es with a lid of the center console and the plastic upholstery of the lid gets all cracked up. I actually liked the cloth upholstered hinged arm rest on the earlier X'es better.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.