Control Trac problem.

97 ford explorer. ohc v6. Auto--Control-Trac

My transfer case locks up for about the first mile than releases then the 4wd lights start flashing. I suspect one of the shaft sensors are bad. What are the names of the 2 sensors that measure the speed of the front and rear shafts, and does anyone know the part numbers for them?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeff
97 ford explorer. ohc v6. Auto--Control-Trac

My transfer case locks up for about the first mile than releases then the 4wd lights start flashing. I suspect one of the shaft sensors are bad. What are the names of the 2 sensors that measure the speed of the front and rear shafts, and does anyone know the part numbers for them?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, I had a 96 EB V6 with Control Trac which behaved kind of like that. We ended up changing the Shift Motor and all was well. And I never switched to

Reply to
Gerald Riggs