Diagnostic Code A2

I have a '01 Explorer Sport with the 'Check Engine' light on and the system returning the code A2. I believe this code references something about the motor running 'lean'. Can anyone confirm this and have any idea what might be causing this. Some things that have been done recenlty: air filter changed, MAF cleaned, can of BG 44K run through with a full tank of gas, and battery disconnected for 30 minutes to try and reset the computer. Light came back on and is staying on. Any help on this would be greately appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Butch

Reply to
Butch Enderlein

A2? Sorry, that's not in any code library I've seen. We need to know exactly which code we are dealing with and understand the parameters that can generate the code. I have personally seen many plugged fuel filters set lean mixture codes.... I remark on this simply because the owner has performed hours upon hours of work installing part after part when all he/she nneded to do was to maintain their cars a tad better.

More info would be good.... better info would be great.

Reply to
Jim Warman