Does Ford in the US.....

Just wondering if Ford in the US has a model similar to this?

If they don't, I'm wondering how well something like this would go in the North American market?

S.

Reply to
Steve S.

Kenneth J. Harris

The Escape is also in Ford Australia model range....

Reply to
Steve S.

Not really similar to an escape. The territory has 3rd row seating and bigger engines. Seems more like an Acura MDX to me.

Reply to
JaWise

Wll there is the new Ford Freestyle in the US. Like the Escape it is basically a FWD Station wagon, with an AWD option. It has third row seating. I sat in one the other day and it seemed nice enough for the price (at least the base model price).

Reply to
C. E. White

It looks like the new Ford Freestyle to me. I believe that it's based on the same platform as the new Ford 500 sedan.

Reply to
Andy G.

The Territory is not the same as the Freestyle. It is a Rear Wheel Drive / 4WD Package with a longitudinally mounted engine (an inline 6 at that). The Freestyle (and 500) are Front Wheel Drive /AWD package with a transversely mounted engine (a V-6). They may look alike, but they don't share much of anything.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White