dome light - does NOT come on with doors open

I just got a 1995 Ford Explorer Sport. My dome light does NOT come on automatically when any doors are opened. I CAN manually turn on light with dash dimmer switch, so I know it works. The manual states that the dome light should come on when any door is opened.

YES, the door chime continually sounds when drivers door is open with key on (so there is some kind of door switch that is working.

If either the passenger door or hatch is opened with key on, there is a single chime.

Suggestions..?? Thank you

Reply to
Tubin_Louie

The door switches signal the GEM when a door is opened.... In turn, the GEM turns on various devices. These modules have been known to give trouble but here in the great white north they are a tad spendy to simply replace on a wish and a prayer. I'd recommend having the problem diagnosed by a competent shop.

Jim Warman