Door Ajar Light & rear hatch

96 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr 4x

I have a Door ajar light on at my inst panel. The following items also do not work now Hatch wiper, Hatch window heater, automatic door lock, and the interior light stays on a long time before going out when I leave the car. This was an on again/off again problem which has become a permanent problem.

Thanks for any suggestions for fixing this.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

oops, I did a google group search - learned about it reading some of the other posts - and will try lubing the hatch latches and window? latch. Will repost if that doesn't take care of it.

Thanks

Reply to
Joe

I was going to say, a lot of times the rear hatch ot tailgate might not be fully closed. Make sure you check those. Otherwise, lube the latches.

Reply to
Mikepier

It's the door latches that need the wd-40.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

With everything else not working as well, maybe the main connector to the wiring in the rear hatch is loose. It may not have been fully snapped together at the factory.

Just a thought.

Reply to
JonnyCab®