Door lock knob does not come out - '99 Limited

Hi all,

From time to time, regardless of the method used to unlock the driver's door, the lock knob moves a bit but does not completely come out, leaving the door in the locked position. Even after repeatedly trying to unlock, same problem. The only way around this is to open the door from the inside.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks,

Al

Reply to
DFastOne

Seen the same or similar problem on our '98. Lock knob barely moved, but the inside handle couldn't open the locked door either when that happened.

I found pieces of two broken springs inside the door.

There's a vertical rod about 10" long hiding behind the aft window track, and lifting up on that rod allowed both the handle and lock to work. I just scrounged a nice 4" spring out of my garage and hooked one end around the bottom of that rod, hooked the other end to a convenient hole in the sheetmetal near the outside door handle, and it's fixed.

Reply to
Beryl