DPFE censor

I have an 96 Explorer, and can't seem to find the location for the DPfe censor. Can you help me?

Reply to
soonerfan

Left hand side (drivers side) of the intake... near the throttle flange.....

2 hoses (yes it matters where they go) and a single 3 wire connector..... might be black - might be silver and this is all from memory so look close...

Reply to
Jim Warman

If you have the 4.0 L V6, it's right here:

Ratbert

Do you have any idea what the knob looking thing is on the IAC above the DPFE?

Reply to
Martin F. O'Rourke

In all honesty, Martin... I've never needed to know. My own take (though I've never taken the time to disassmble one) is that this is a vent for the solenoid housing. There's nothing happening in the IAC that we can 'adjust'.

Reply to
Jim Warman