Drivers side door unlock relay - 98 XLT

Hey guys, sorry I been away so long but my Exploder has been darn reliable of late.

But the door situation is getting worse.

First the drivers side, in-door unlock switch function stopped..... it locks but don't unlock. The keypad worked fine, the passenger side in-door switch is fine. The key entry works fine.

Now the door motor is sluggish and not enough power to unlock or lock it. Have to use the key. All other doors OK.

I have found the All Door Unlock and Lock relays, they are near the keyless entry puter in the cargo area side panel.

But where is the drivers door unlock relay?

Haynes is no use, the owners manual don't say. Its not in the Power Disty Box (in engine).

The truck is a 98 XLT..........

If anyone has any clues as to where it is or what else might be wrong I'd be most appreciative like.

Y'all

David in Raleigh

Reply to
No Reply

I think it's a solenoid that controls the locks not a moter per se. I took my door panel off yesterday because the window wouldn't go up on the passenger side. It would go down fine so it wasn't the motor and the drivers side switch worked to bring the window up. I took the switch apart and cleaned it with contact cleaner and worked like a charm.

Reply to
harrison360

I agree its a solenoid and is inside the door panel. The manual drawings call it a motor, so I was being consistent.

The solenoid/motor is driven by a relay, dedicated to just unlocking the drivers door which in turn is driven by the switch. I swapped the door switches over - passenger for drivers, so I know it ain't that problem. So I am down to either the relay or the solenoid. I have no idea where the relay is. The other two relays are in the back, near the door unlock 'puter.

David in Raleigh

Reply to
No Reply