Dumb rear brake question 1992

Hello All

I replaced the rear drum brakes on my 1992 (with help from folks here) last year.

The other day, the emergency brakes stopped working and I noticed that on the left side the clip that holds the e-brake actuator arms to one of the shoes had come lose. It's actually in pretty bad shape, having widened to the point that I can remove and replace it with just my fingers (which makes me think that maybe I put the old one back on by mistake)

Anyway, I got a new one this morning. But I'm now thinking about something:

When you install the little shaft of the actuator arm into the hole in the brake shoe, you must first put on a little humped washer and then slide the clip into the groove so the washer is underneath it. I guess the purpose of the humped washer is to press against the clip so the clip doesn';t come off.

Here's the question: Does the humped washer go hump down, so the washer curves up at the ends when you install the clip over it or does it go hump up so the washer curves down at the ends when you install the clip over it? Or does it matter? It's not clear in the Haynes book. (I have the right one installed hump down, and it's been fine so far).

Hope is isn't a really stupid question.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks as usual.

Anthony Giorgianni