EGR Pressure Sensor

Anyone know why the EGR Pressure Sensor on a 99 EFI would have melted? It almost burnt a hole through the intake manifold while it was at it.

thanks, Murray

Reply to
Murray

Just a guess. My hoses were clean at 55k when I checked them. I use synthetic oil, and use zero oil between changes. If you use a little oil between changes, some of the oil you burn would get into the hoses, adding to the clogging problem many people report.

Seems on some Explorers, the stuff in the hose burns, and melts the hose.

Anybody else whos psyhic?

Reply to
ross via CarKB.com