EGR Valve

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport.. The Engine light came on and I had it tested at Autozone and found out it means the "EGR flow is insufficient". I cleaned the EGR valve and had the code reset. Well the engine light came back on. Any other things I can try????

Reply to
clayton6870

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport.. The Engine light came on and I had it tested at Autozone and found out it means the "EGR flow is insufficient". I cleaned the EGR valve and had the code reset. Well the engine light came back on. Any other things I can try????

Reply to
clayton6870

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport.. The Engine light came on and I had it tested at Autozone and found out it means the "EGR flow is insufficient". I cleaned the EGR valve and had the code reset. Well the engine light came back on. Any other things I can try????

Reply to
clayton6870

Good old AutoZone.... their diagnostics are worth every penny you paid.

The usual culprit (I'm assuming... what a nasty word... that AZ retrieved a P0401) is the DPFE sensor... there are other possibilities but, without proper testing.....

IIRC, there is a customer satisfaction program extending the warranty period on tube mounted DPFE sensors. Your Ford dealer should be able t run OASIS on your VIN to see if your unit qualifies.

Reply to
Jim Warman

not my thread, but can we run some sort of warranty check ourselves. I like my dealer, but they have done some hoaky things to me in just trying to get a simple price for a service in the past. I'd like to know before I go in there if I have coverage.

Reply to
norm

You can go to

and enter the message forums. Post in the OASIS forum including your complete VIN and any symptoms and or codes.

Reply to
Jim Warman