Electric Door Locks Blow Fuses

OK guy's scratch your heads. "99" Limited. Had the truck in the shop for some brake work and a minor detail (wash, vac) Picked it up and was again pleased with the dealers work.Came home,parked in the garage. Hence didn't bother to check/lock doors!

Next morn. went out to the store. Got out and hit the door lock "fob", nuthing! Locked with the key and did my business. Of course tried the electric unlock and didn't work. Checked, yup, blown fuse! Came home did a little troubleshooting and went thru five fuses. Doors open, closed. windows up, down etc. This fuse also controls the power seats ( manual doesn't reflect this). Tried everything short of pulling the door panels (as yet). With new fuse seats work as usual! Even tho it just came out of the shop, there should be no correlation between the work done (brakes, detail) and the door locks. ANY suggestions or similar problems?? BTW: did call the Service Dept. and chatted. They have offered to troubleshoot, but hate to run it back, if I can locate the prob. and fix. Six years same dealer, great bunch of folks! Bill

Reply to
Bill Hall

Does the fuse blow when you unlock or lock, or it does not matter. Also does it blow when you use the passenger side, drivers side or it does not matter. I'm just trying to help you narrow the problem down. Also, when you use your keyfob to lock or unlock, does the fuse still blow?

Reply to
Mikepier

Reply to
Bill Hall