Error Code 401

96 Explorer 4.0, V6 Auto, 4WD - has error code 401. Replaced EGR Valve, had code cleared, then reappeared after about 30 mi. What else could be causing the error code, or could the EGR valve replacement be defective? Not very knowledgeable, and short on funds, but need to get this cleared. Could it be a sensor? If so, where is it?
Reply to
timmerhyll
*Usually* it is the DPFE senor.... but the parts stores like to sell everything else in the system first...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
timmerhyll via CarKB.com

I agree with it will most likley be the DPFE sensor. However on my F150 it was none of the above. The throttle body ports were totaly clogged up with carbon. /Richard

Reply to
Richard