Escort Bumper - Not an Explorer but i still need help - thx

I need to get a new bumper for my car after i cracked mine in a collision - is it a simple process to remove and replace?

I'd rather visit a breakers yard and try and do the job myself.

This might seem a daft question......how much should i pay on avegrage?

Thanks in advance

DB

Reply to
DB

collision -

Find out cost of a new one from the dealer and expect to pay about half that at a wrecker. H

Reply to
Hairy

Thx..

thats what im planning.....but is the removal process straighforward?

DB :)

Reply to
DB

You didn't say what year it was. Since you said you wrecked should we assume it's the front bumper?

Here's some information which may or may not be useful, but either way it doesn't look very complicated.

How come they are called EScorts and not EXcorts? Ford must have misppelled that one.

collision -

Reply to
Ulysses

sorry - it's a 95 Escort LX (in the UK anyroad)

I looked at the site but havent yet found the bumper section - i'll keep trying tho

DB :)

Reply to
DB

It looked to me like the entire link was not active (hot) so you may have to copy and paste instead of just clicking in it. It was under "body work", "replace fender."

I deleted a space and now it looks like the link might work.

> 80/13/dc/d4/0900823d8013dcd4.jsp> >

Reply to
Ulysses

Well, that does not seem to work either. Anyway, if you go to

you can enter what kind of vehicle you have beginning with the year, then click on "Repair Info", "Repair Guides", "Body & Trim", "Fenders" and that should bring you to an illustrated, step by step set of instructions which includes removing the front bumper.

I think I entered 1993 Escort to get to this point. I did that cause I used to have one :-)

Reply to
Ulysses

Thanks.will try it and let you know...

DB :)