exploder Idle Surging at stop

97 exploder xlt, sohc V6:

the engine has been surging when I am stopped at a redlight. When I pull it into nuetral it will go as high as 2600rpm then return to low 1000rpm's. Problem just started a few weeks ago.

any ideas?

thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey Scholen

sounds like another IAC (idle air control) valve problem....bolted onto your manifold, just kinda pull it off and you can clean it out with throttle body cleaner. or, if it's bad enough, you might need a new one.

john

Reply to
John T. Waisanen