Exploder won't start

All I hear when I turn the key is a distinct clicking noise but it just runs down the battery.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Jason

Reply to
Jason

Try jump starting it.

Reply to
Mikepier

I actually did try jump starting it. We left it on for a few mins before turning the key as well.

I suspect that I may not have left it on long enough as it was completely drained.

Any other suggestions?

Jason

Reply to
Jason

Check the condition of the battery terminals. I've had batteries with just a little bit of corrosion between the battery and the battery terminal and after cleaning, the battery took a charge and the car/truck starts right up.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Jim Smith

Since you can't get the thing started, take the battery out and take it to your local parts store. Most will test your battery for free.

Reply to
Captain Coleman

In addition to that, check the cable connection down at the starter. I have had a loose starter cable which gave the same symptoms as a bad battery.

Reply to
gordo

If the battery turns out to be OK, try the starter solenoid. Sometimes, giving it a light blow with a hammer is enough to get it going again - temporarily. If not, look at the starter motor brushes.

IPG

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason

Reply to
Big Shoe

Battery is at the autoparts store getting a charge and a check.

Will let you know more once it goes back in.

Thanks, Jas> Also possible that the battery cable is bad. This can happen even

Reply to
Jason