Explorer 1994: Willing wipers

Hello all

The car is a US version, 6 cyl., auto, 182,000 miles. Sometimes the wipers will continue to operate long after being shut off. On occasion, they even turn themselves on the next time I start the car! Wipers act normally from time to time, but not often enough! I do not have a Owner's Manual, so I haven't found the suspected relay yet. Where is the wiper relay, and do you have any other suggestions regarding the fault?

Regards,

Ivar Petur

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason

If the wipers are controlled by one of those multi-function control stalks (ie: wiper/turn signal/high beam) then it could be going bad as well.

Reply to
Al Williams