Explorer engine heater

I just bought a 93 explorer and would like to add an engine heater without the trouble of installing a frost plug type in the engine block. Does anyone know if a dipstick heater works well? I know you can't use them on vehicles with plastic dipstick tubes---I haven't looked, but I'm guessing this one is metal. I have used a magnetic oil pan heater before, but my oil pan looks to be made of aluminum. Do the tank type heaters that connect between one of the heater hoses work well on this model? I also saw an oil pan heater that sticks to the pan with some type of glue or silicone, but don't know if it would work with the "waffle" design on the bottom of my pan. Can someone help me out?

Reply to
nirget