F-100 installing shocks myself

Hi folks - I have an '82 Ford pickup and bought the front shocks to install. The Haynes manual says to just take the wheel off, chock the rears, handbrake, ramps, and unbolt the shock at top and bottom, wiggle it after some blaster/lubricant, and put the new one on. I have the cheapest Gabriels, and will do the backs if this is easy...my questions are: Is it this easy? Should I hand-pump the shock first? Do I have to use ramps or support the axle, or can I just remove the lugnuts and wheels? Do I need an alignment post-install? Gosh THANKS for any input/help...I am NOT mechanically inclined! :+) Paul snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
pmbedard

shock replacement..

Reply to