Factory alarm location 1994 Ford Explorer?

Hi.

I am trying to figure out where my just-dead factory car alarm is located in my 1994 Ford Explorer (2WD, 2Door). Both of my remotes have given up the ghost. I've changed the remote batteries, even went through the "it must be the Ford's Battery" test. The big 12V battery seems fine in the vehicle.

About 2 years ago one remote died. The remaining remote suddenly failed to put the alarm into valet mode around 1 1/2 years ago. Recently, the remote has een getting flakey. I replaced the batteries in it three times, with no change in the symptoms.

Last week, the remote just died on me.

What I want to do is disable the vehicle alarm system. The beeping horn routine every time I open the door, then the mad dash to insert the key and then press the override switch has gotten a bit old.

Also... does anyone have a suggestion for a decent alarm to replace the one that came standard with a Ford Explorer?

Feel free to email me any info. I am sure that posting "here's how to cripple a car alarm" info is not good practice. I just need to physically remove the thing so I can go back to old-school non-honking access of my vehicle.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Church