faint gasoline odor-94 explorer...

I smell gasoline especially when the A/C is on. I don't see any leaks, "washed off" clean areas, ect under the hood. Is there a common gas leak culprit on the Explorer??

Thanks! dan

1994 4x4 xlt Explorer 245ci
Reply to
d. freem

I have '91 and a '92 and I've often noticed a faint gas odor when it is first started but never connected it with the AC being on. Since it never exploded or anything and always passed smog test I just forgot about it. Besides that there's usually something wrong with them that's more obvious and requires immediate attention.

Reply to
Ulysses

I had this problem on my '94 and discovered it was coming from the charcoal fuel vapor canister. The boot that attaches the tubing from the canister to the engine was splitting and not firmly attached to the canister, allowing the vapors to leak. The canister is on the driver's side, immediately behind the coolant reservoir. A new tube fixed the problem. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Dan Gillespie