Far Rear Power Outlet?

I have a 2000 Explorer. I'd like to install a 12 volt power outlet near the far rear, similar to a cigarette lighter outlet. Is there already a source of 12 volts in that area, not dependent on lights or rear wiper being on? Any ideas appreciated.

Reply to
CWLee

Laptop is at work so I don't have diagrams handy... if you have trailer package, there should be a "hot in run" at the very least for charging the trailer battery. For a hot at all times, there is probably a relay in the battery junction box that can be removed and a shorting device installed (remember to replace the relay if you pull a trailer with an on board battery).

Reply to
Jim Warman