Faulty power windows

I have two faulty power windows in my 95 XLT. The front passenger window sometimes will not roll down when you push the botton. If you rock the button from the up to down position rapidly a few times, it will catch and roll down. The rear driver windows will not respond at all when the button is depressed. Does this sound like faulty motors, or inadequately lubricated window channels, or something else all together.

Thanks, Brad

Reply to
Bradford C. Hatchett

You most likely need the window motor replaced. They have plastic gears that wear out with time. I have had to replace both front windows on my '93.

Reply to
econof

Can you hear the motor running in the rear window? If so, the gears may be shot.

For the front, it would seem that the switch may be faulty. This can be checked with a voltmeter.

Reply to
Bill Funk

Reply to
Bradford C. Hatchett

If the motor is 'jostling' the window, it would be working, and you should be able to hear some indication of this. Lacking this, I'd get a voltmeter and check the switches.

Reply to
Bill Funk

Reply to
John Shoemaker

This summer my wifes had the same problem and I removed the door liner to find that the window track had broken at the spot welds, I simply removed the channel (ten minutes) and took it to my trusty bench, realigned it as best as possible and welded it back up, walla working window. Good Luck.

Reply to
PAUL