Ford Explorer 1997

To whom it may concern, I have a 1997 Ford Explorer 6 cylinder automatic and as of 2003 it has been parked in my driveway without starting the transmission or has the battery been charged to start the SUV. I am now ready to sell the vehicle but would like some start up recommendations so not to ruin the engine since I have not started or maintained for 2 years plus. I did disconnect the battery due to acid build up since stalling the vehicle but nothing else has been maintained. What do you recommend I do to make the SUV start properly?

Sincerely, Anxious Owner to Start Up SUV

Reply to
poochman

I'd change the oil and filter, drain all old gas, change the fuel filter and add fresh gas with a can of fuel injector cleaner, charge the battery (don't be surprised if you need a new battery after sitting for

2 years) then start 'er up.

Check your tire condition (rot? cracks?) and pressure, and if you're anal like me change the oil again after 100 or so miles.

I've stored my '94 for a year or two with no problem but I add fuel stabilizer to the gas and a "smart" trickle charger on the battery, and start it up and run for a few minutes every few months.

Reply to
Bob