Ford Explorer problem - Please Help

Hi,

I get a metallic "Knock" from cold, but as the engine gets warm, the noise goes away. It is a 4 L petrol 1999, with full service history. I have had it to the main dealer. The timing chain tensioner has been changed, the oil has been changed, could it be a fault with the pistons. I have spent hundreds of ££ on this fault, without any result. It sounds like "pinking", but obviously that only happens with leaded petrol. When I accelerate from cold it is worse. Any help would save me further expense. Thanks to you all that have took the time to read this. Best Wishes - Keith

Reply to
michael musgrave