Ford Explorer Wont Start

I ihave recently been having trouble with my 1999 explorer eddie bauer. Occasionally when you get in it wont start. I changed the batteried in my security remote but it still wont start. dont think it is the battery for some functions still work. I can hear a clicking of some kind. Can it be the security? If so how can you correct this and get the vehicle started? Thanks

Reply to
jjwebb123

Is it turning over (is the starter motor rotating the engine)? Is the clicking you are hearing the starter selenoid?

Reply to
Ulysses

Without more to go on, I'm figuring on bad battery in car NOT remote!

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

Sounds like a soliond prolbem to me. Does it come and go, will start and will not.

Reply to
Darryl12