Front Drivetrain Noise

So, I went out and bought some mudder tires and of course the "Free Replacement Warranties". I had to collect on one due to an improper placed nail. They put a new tire on the right front and said I'd be okay ( I have the AWD ) beings the tread depth difference was only 2/32nds between the right and left.

Not too long after that, I started experiencing a deafening roar from the front. It gets really loud at about 40mph, then goes quieter, then back to obnoxiously loud at 70mph. I tried to pass it off on the mudders and tried to remedy that with new less aggressive tires, with no luck of ridding the noise. It's an '01 (born 07/00) AWD 5.0liter. Am I looking at new axle shafts, bearings or what?

Any help is very appreciated! Thanks

Reply to
shizznick

Update: Repaired. It was the front axle spindle. After $500, it was replaced with a lifetime warranty. Expensive, but way worth it.

Reply to
shizznick