Fuel Filter

How do you replace the fuel filter on a 2001 Sport Trac. I can get the clips off but the hoses will not come off. After reading a previous post. How do you relieve the fuel pressure without any special tools? TIA, Rafael

Reply to
Rafael Lancaster

The clips you removed were just strain relief clips. You still need the special fuel filter removal tool, available at any auto parts store. Its used to disengage the spring clamps that connect the fuel line to the filter. To relieve the fuel pressure, I usually pull out the fuel pump relay in the engine compartment while the truck is running. This makes the truck stall and release any pressure in the lines.

Reply to
Mikepier