Fuel filter?

Where would I find the fuel filter on a '93 Explorer Sport? I think it may be bad, and is causing it to idle roughly. I have had experience with a bad fuel filter in my '91 Cavalier, and figure I better change it.

It idles fine when I first start it. After I run it just a few minutes and it warms up, it starts to surge when I come to a stop, at a light for instance.

Jarrod

Reply to
Jennifer Smith

It should be along the frame just past the center of the truck.--just follow the fuel lines It might have a black steel cover over it. You'll need the little plastic release tools to get it off. They have them at most auto parts stores for a few bucks but most of the employees don't know what they are (I had to ask 8 people at Pep Boys).

Reply to
Ulysses

A clogged fuel filter will manifest itself first when at higher speeds (rpms) or when going uphill with sympthoms consequence of lack of of fuel.

What you describe is typical of a defective engine coolant temp sensor, sticky EGR valve, vacuum leak, etc. not necessarily a clogged fuel filter.

Good luck!

Jennifer Smith wrote:

Reply to
AS