fuel gauge and check gauge light

I know this isn't an Explorer problem this time but maybe someone has an idea before I get slammed.

2003 Ford Ranger.

My daughter called and says when she brakes moderatly hard the fuel gauge pegs to the bottom and the check gauges light comes on and almost instantly resets. My guess is that what ever is making the gauge drop of course makes the light come on . Any ideas I can forward to her?

Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

Fill up the tank?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

And stop braking so hard, too?

Reply to
PeterD

Very funny! But the answer and solution to her problem was much different. It was the oil pressure gauge instead of the fuel. And yes the obvious solution was to but OIL in the truck. (roll eyes) no comment after that.....

Reply to
Richard