Gear problem- switching in and out of park.

Hi.

I've had this problem for a while where when I put the car into park it doesn't go. There is some wiring harness connected to the brake (I think) that if I put my hand under and give it a push it sometimes takes me back into park. Its getting worse and worse. I see there is a connector on there but it doesn't seem removable or cleanable. These are two wires that connect below that seem to be the relay to allow me to go into park when my foot is on the brake...Or so I guess...I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and maybe if they have suggestions.

It got so bad this morning I couldn't get out of park for 10 minutes. I had to go under and basically play with the wires/connector to get it out of park. Dirty perhaps? Anyone know of a way to remove this connector? I can post a msg to a binaries group if anyone can't visualize what i'm describing.

Thanks!

info:

ford explorer 2002 xlt v8 automatic trans.

Reply to
Some Dude