Global warming - an important topic

Guys and gals:

Global warming is a really important subject. There seems to be a lot of emotion about it.

I would respectfully suggest that, perhaps you should start a dedicated mail group.

I'm, frankly, getting tired of flames from the left and right. I subscribed to this group because I'm interested in subjects related to Ford Explorers. Just to keep things in perspective, remember that politicans ( both liberal and conservative ) cannot be bought. They can only be rented!

Sy Cohen

Reply to
Sy Cohen

When you're digging out of 30" of snow, and it's gonna be 5 degrees tonight, and it's not even winter yet... it becomes very hard to believe in Global Warming...

It seems that certain political groups feel the need for scientific justification for their beliefs. Or religious... remember the "what would Jesus drive?" foolishness? The need for "affirmation" perhaps betrays a fundamental insecurity in their own beliefs? Anyway... it's hardly helpful to debate it endlessly. No minds are being changed.

And the topic is certainly off-topic for this newsgroup, in any case... but that's never stopped flamers yet. I just use a newsgroup filter, if I feel the need.

Reply to
Robert A. Matern

While the discussion on global warming can generate some heated (sorry for the pun) debate. Unfortunately, the discussion of emissions controls can sometimes overlap with climate changes (including, but not limited to air quality).

Jim Warman