Goodyear Wrangler Tires

I just replaced four Goodyear Wrangler RT/S tires on my '97 Explorer. They had a little over 70,000 miles on them, with still some treadlife left, but the noise they were making was unbelievable. I thought the front hub assemblies were going out again (the bearings failed at 60k mi.) and the sound was just about identical

Anyway, Walmart was running a special on Goodyear Wrangler Radials at $50/ea. It was a bit of an impulse buy, but I needed the tires and the price was right. Now I'm trying to find out a little more info on the tires I bought, but there's nothing out there. These just say Goodyear Wrangler Radial on the sidewall. No RT/S, RT/A or any other designation. I'm guessing they're a cheap version of the better tires. But it seems strange that not even the Goodyear website has anything on them

Anyone else trying these tires out? Seem ok so far. A little noisy, but still quite a bit quieter than the tires I replaced.

Reply to
Greg

One of Goodyears first "Wrangler" tire. More equivolent to the BFG All Terrains. Not a fancy tire, but more aggressive than the RT/S' that were OE. I would have no problem putting them on any of my vehicles. For what it's worth... Any mileage over 40,000 on SUV's or light trucks is bonus miles. The more you rotate and balance, the longer the life you'll get out of tires. With your Wranglers, I'd rotate every oil change and rebalance every other. I have Wrangler MTR's on my Explorer, and rotate and balance every 3000 miles because they are very aggressive tread.

Hope this helps!

Reply to
shizznick

or is it just a good deal ? thjanks