Have a curious little sound from the front suspension...

And no, this is not a troll... My son set this up for me this way, and said that it would protect my identity...

I have a 95 Explorer Sport, V-6, 4WD. (Well, only when I turn the little switch on the dash, but I've never driven it that way).

Normal driving, and especially when I am just coasting along, or going 5-15 MPH, there is a slight roll to the vehicle, like every other one when driving over a common city street, and there is this curious little noise. It sounds like a very faint squeaky-creak coming from the front end of the vehicle. I first heard it when I pulled into my driveway last week. I don't have one of those new-style drive-over curb entrances to my driveway. It is a very gentle upslope like a regular driveway, but when the front wheels turned the corner into the drive, and the vehicle bounced a little (bounce is too strong a word to describe what actually happens) and I heard the creaking/squeaking noise. It is more of a creak, and less of a squeak, but I only hear it when I am traveling less than 15 MPH. At least, I am aware of it now that I have already heard it.

Any ideas what it is, and how to correct it?

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

It could be the sway bar bushings. Try removing them and lubricate them with lithium grease. Its a simple DIY job.

Reply to
Mikepier