Heat diagnosis.

I have a 95 explorer eb edition. I have been having problems with the heat and have flushed the radiator and heater core. I replaced the coolant and all I get is cold air. Most suggestions say it is probably the blend door. How can I have this checked? Would a dealer or independent garage be able to hook something up that would tell me what the problem is?

Thanks in advanced. Bob

Reply to
rdome43417

Paste this into Google:

"ford explorer" "blend door"

You'll find lots of info on the various problems, and how to fix them. Basically, you remove the glovebox to access that area.

-Paul

Reply to
carbide

There is also some more blend door info here that google probably can't find:

I think it's the second post.

Reply to
Ulysses

Ulysses is pointing you in the right direction if you are having blend door trouble. Go to the Ford truck forum

and find the"free blend door fix" postings for "Jfrank" and "talon dad" and youwill find detailed instruction for determining if you have thatproblem. If you do then find their photo gallery postings (you willneed to register and spend a bit of time poking around) and you willhave detailed instructions with pictures for how to effect a repair.The alternative is to spend 100+ for a new plenum and a weekend tearingyour truck apart to replace it; or paying a shop 500+ to do the job.Having had this problem myself, I must say this is one of the biggestfiascos I have encountered in my 40 years of experience owning andmaintaining vehicles. It's just plain poor design on the belnd doorand absolutely no maintainability engineering done to ensure areasonable repair process iin the case of failure.

Reply to
Fleneer