"Heat spot" on a New F Expedition

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a new ( 2 weeks old ) Ford 2005 Expedition. The dealer is 50 miles away and I don't have a day to take off to go there..so I am hoping someone can give me some assistance.

In the rear, passenger side, cargo area of the Expedition, the plastic side-wall, about ten inches up, has a "hot spot" . I noticed it because I had an umbrella leaning up against it, and when I picked up the umbrella, it was hot to the touch. Sure enough, the plastic feels like there is a small furnace underneath it. There is NOTHING ( except hidden connections ) that is anywhere near this area.

The only other clue I have is that I don't believe that the rear window defrosters ( electric) work very well. Any ideas? Thanks vm

RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN

RichG

Do you have the rear heat/air conditioning system? The area you described is near the location of the rear heater core.

I suggest you ask your questi>

Reply to
C. E. White

On my 99 Expedition, that's on the other side - the driver's side. The OP says the hot spot is on the passenger's side. Was it changed?

Reply to
Big Bill

Bill,

On my 2003 the A/C Evaporator (and therefore the heater core) is on the passenger side.

Regards,

Ed White

Big Bill wrote:

Reply to