HELP! - 2002 Explorer Rear Brake Caliper Sticking

Just did a 4-wheel disc brake job on a 2002 Explorer XLS 4.0 2WD with ABS (not Sport or Sport Track). Replaced pads, resurfaced rotors, lubed all the right places, etc. Had no trouble compressing calipers, no trouble getting all back together, etc., just the usual rusted-on rotors in the rear. Now, with one touch of the brakes the L/R caliper clamps down and will not release the rotor. Seems like no pressure in the line 'cause when I crack bleeder I get a gravity dribble, so I'm assuming the hose is OK. Can pry the pads back a little and it's OK, but touch the pedal again and it's locked. The e-brake shoes are not binding and all other calipers are releasing. Did I screw up somehow in compressing the calipers with ABS? If the master bottomed out while pumping the brakes back up will that mess with the ABS system possibly causing this problem? Coincidental caliper failure? Any ideas anyone?

Thanx in advance for any help,

Matt

Reply to
discgolfer7213