Help - connecting MP3 players to the in-dash radio head unit

Hi,

I've just bought Ford Explorer 2002 XLS with its factory made in-dash radio/CD.

I'm interested to find a way to connect my MP3 player to this head unit without using FM transmitter. As far as I've seen there is no Auxiliary or line-In input in the head unit, so what exactly do I suppose to do?

Should I replace completely the head unit with one that has an Auxiliary input with it?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Reply to
yuval

Use an FM modulator instead of an FM transmitter. I have XM Satellite in my Explorer, installed with a hard wired FM modulator between the antenna and the head unit. I can unplug from the XM jack and plug into my iPod and it works great. The audio quality is far superior to a wireless FM transmitter.

Reply to
BillM