how do i get to the blower motor resistor on a 1997 expedition? (where is it)

i need to change mine because the blower motor will only run when the switch is on high. i understand that is because the "blower motor resistor" is bad (the resistor unit with winding coils on it). i know what it is and what it looks like, and i was told its on the back of the blower motor. can you get to this under the hood? if yes, where is it exactly?

Reply to
who_won

You need to take off the blower motor to remove the resistor. The motor and cage are attached to the firewall on the passenger side.

Reply to
lovs2fly

I don't know where it is on the Expedition, but on my '92 Explorer it was the diode that burned out. Cost 50 cents for a new one (and some soldering). I'm still not sure what the diode is for...

Reply to
Ulysses