How to replace the "dew wipe"?

'91 Explorer EB 4x4

Does anyone know how to replace the "dew wipe" on the driver's door? For those of you who don't know, the dew wipe is the rubber & metal strip on the outside of each door window, which wipes the dew &/or water, off the outside of the window as its rolled down. For the most part (looking at the new one), it appears to simply "clip" on, but there is one small screw on one end of the new one, about a #4 size. I don't see any way to easly get at the head of this screw, so I have to wonder, if in order to take the old dew wipe off, do I first need to take a nut off of this screw from inside the door??

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Reply to
Tiger

Looks like I get to answer my own question:

There is a nut on that little screw (it's a 6-32) and it's easly accessed and removed when the door is simply opened. Once the nut is removed, the dew wipe can be pulled straight up and removed from the door. The new one goes on just as easly as the old one pulled off.

Hope this might help someone else.

Mike

Reply to
Tiger