I don't come here much anymore Does anyone else miss DR Bob

Anyone else remember the good ole days of Dr Bob answering everyone's questions?

Steve

Reply to
sehaare

barrythedude

I remember those days too. ;-)

That was before the newer models came out, with different problems and solutions than what I had available with my '92. In those early days of the newsgroup, it only took a few minutes each day to keep up. That time was getting bigger and bigger as the months went by. I took on some overseas projects in the late '90s and found out that I had a lot of extra time on my hands when I came home. I switched ISP's and lost my local access to a usenet news server, and things went from there.

I still stick my nose in every once in a while just to make sure that everything's OK. Jim Warman is doing a fine job, and has a lot more factory support available than we did in the early days.

If anybody wants to remember the good old days, think back to Mike Shirley's Explorer listserver BBS, the predecessor to this usenet group.

Hope everybody is still having fun!

Cheers!

dr bob

Reply to
dr bob

Good to see that you are still around. My 94 is long gone and my 98 is starting to get outdated for most of the post here. So like I said in my original post I don't get here too often. But back in the day I got a whole lot of my questions answered by you so thanks for all that help.

With the new explorers they have a lot of technical advantages over the old ones (easy 4 wd, better suspension) but they don't seem to hold up as well (radio display, heater blend door). so I think this will be my last.

Thanks Again Steve

Reply to
Stephen E Haare