IAC idle valve

Hi, post from UK Explorer owner/driver. Lovely motor. 1977. Mine has 4 liter SOHC engine. V8 was not shipped to UK as far as I can tell. Very poor tickover when cold. Found a couple of IAC valves on eBay from 5 liter v8 engines. Question, Is the valve from the V8 the same as the valve on the V6?

thanks Ian Lowrie

Reply to
Ian Lowrie

Ian, I don't know the answer, but I can tell you how to find it.

Go to a USA auto parts store. Some that come to mind are, NAPA, Autozone, Advanced Auto and Pep Boys

Go through their procedure for ordering the part and stop when you get to their part number, stock number or other identifying number. Do this for your vehicle and then for the ones that you see on eBay. That will tell you if it is the same for both years, engines etc.

If you go the eBay route, be sure that the IAC is "new in the box" or "NIB"

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Reply to
Bill Hall

Ian, I think I know the eBay seller you mention. Be aware that he is a breaker's yard. However, I have bought things from him and his shipping charges to the UK are very fair. Try asking him for the correct part for your Ex. - he answers questions quite quickly (if you make allowances for the different time zone). Still, I would strongly recommend getting a NEW IAC valve, whatever the cost. Try some US based parts suppliers such as Ford Parts Network for international shipping after checking the Ford UK price. It might not be as bad as you think...

Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

Hi, i think I have the same problem... i will buy the IAC valve on rockauto.com website You can try if you want. i have already ordered them without problem. All has been OK evry time. claude from france.....

Reply to
Claude

Thank you to everyone who replied with help, and a happy and prosperous new year to all.

Ian Lowrie

Reply to
Ian Lowrie