Insturment panel lights

I was deployed for a year and my 97 Explorer wasn?t driven very much while I was gone. Now that I?m back the lights behind the insturment panel and the air conditioner controles don?t turn on. I?ve checked for damaged wiring or blown fuses and haven?t found any. What else could it be?

Reply to
josh

Rats eating the wiring?

Reply to
C. E. White

I don't know if this might be a solution but in my old pickup, which sat up a lot, some of the dash lights wouldn't work until the truck was driven a while.

I just assumed that the battery needed to be charged up.

Hope this helps. "josh" wrote in message news:1200841 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com... I was deployed for a year and my 97 Explorer wasn't driven very much while I was gone. Now that I'm back the lights behind the insturment panel and the air conditioner controles don't turn on. I've checked for damaged wiring or blown fuses and haven't found any. What else could it be?

Reply to
trailer

Make sure the dimmer switch is not turned down, or possible broken/ sticky/defective.

Reply to
Mikepier