Intake manifold

This is kind of follow up to previous posting. I've got 98' Expl. 4.0L , OHV only in a morning when start the engine and put shift lever on reverse or drive it died immediately, if I let it run for 30sec. it wont die. I replace EGR , IAC valve and Upper intake manifold gasket. Any ideas where to look? Thanks Dosio

Reply to
dosio

The lower manifold gaskets need to be replaced also. The 00M12 tsb is for upper, lower manifold gasket replacement and also cam chain tensioner replacement. If you don't need the tensioner, just follow the tsb as far as lower manifold gasket replacement. That should fix the cold weather idle problem. Also cleaning /lubricating the IAC is not a good idea. Since you replaced yours it should last 5 years or more.

Roy

Reply to
Dufey

That TSB only applies to the 4.0L SOHC engine, he says he has the 4.0L OHV engine which doesn't have the cam chain problems.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul G.

Geez, I didn't even see OHV. Thanx for the correction Paul. Roy

Reply to
Dufey

here is a link to download the factory service manual and diagnostics on cd. you must name the cd 98TRK08 for it to work.

Roy

Reply to
Dufey

Hey thanks!!!

I had already bought one on Ebay for my Explorer, but I got one for my daughter's Taurus. That's faq material.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul G.
[Sorry if duplicate post - I have been having trouble getting to this group for several days.]

Dufey wrote: >

That's an interesting link. I visited the site, and went through the agony of downloading one of the big iso files using Bit Trickle. Once I got the entire 5.5 GB on my machine, I bought a double-layer DVD ('spensive!) and burned it. And now, after all that, it doesn't seem to work. The problem is that it isn't simply a manual or a big data collection. Instead, there is a Setup.exe file that installs a viewer or shell on your computer, and as part of that process, you have to provide a 5-digit PACODE (Parts and Accessories Code) of some kind. For some of the info, it also seems to want an OASIS number.

Sure wish I had known this before I started the whole process. Has anyone else had better luck with this? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Bill Jeffrey

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

I downloaded a CD image for 2001 cars. That worked perfectly. So I can't say about the DVD images.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul G.