intermittent high idle 98 SOHC

I'm getting an intermittent high idle. When coming to a stop, the idle sometimes goes to value from 1.5K to 2.K next stop it might be fine (steady between .5 to 1K). I'm not getting any Check Engine light (kind of surprised that I'm not, but of course that would have made it easier). I know that they had a recall for the lower o-rings and I had mine done about 4 years ago. When I had that problem the idle was "hunting" and this time is just seems to go up to a higher value. I'm thinking of disconnecting the battery to clear everything out and let the engine "re-learn" what to set itself at. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in Advanced Steve

Reply to
sehaare