Intermittent Trans Problem on my 97 Explorer

Once a day (and only once), shortly after leaving the house, the transmission will fail to shift. Its like it has slipped, the RPMs jump up as the engine races in neutral. If you let off the gas for a few seconds, everything is fine for the rest of the day. My first thought is that it was temperature related. I have let the vehicle idle until it is warm, but it will still happen.

Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

Reply to
a2zxyz5