Jim Warman, your phone is ringing

Jim,

Did you ever get a chance to think of why that stupid cruise control isn't working?

Reply to
John Riggs

Usual things to check first..... horn is working, brake lights working correctly, vacuum hoses, cable is attached at the throttle body and that the cable is in one piece and firmly attached to the actuator, the vacum dump valve at the brake pedal, and, of course, the speedo is working. If yours is a manual trans, you'll want to be sure the clutch switch is operating correctly.

In my experience, these systems are pretty reliable and don't give much in the way of grief...

Reply to
Jim Warman

all there and working.....vacuum dump valve? Yes, dependable, which is why this truck is driving me crazy.

| > Did you ever get a chance to think of why that stupid cruise control | > isn't working? | >

| |

Reply to
John Riggs

There is a switch above the brake pedal, that is depressed when the brake is released. What is the purpose of this switch? I have no idea since my store bought manuals tell me nothing. '92 EB, automatic, power everything....remember?

|| > Did you ever get a chance to think of why that stupid cruise control || > isn't working? || >

|| || | |

Reply to
John Riggs