Keyless Code

I bought a used Explorer and have no idea what the keyless code is. how do I find out?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
<cht3711

It should be on a card in your Owners Manual. If its not there, look for the code inside the jack compartment at the rear of the vehicle. If you have no luck with either of these options, your friendly local Ford dealer can recover it for you electronically.

Steve R

Reply to
Stephen Read

I've also had Fords where the sticker was on a trunk hinge (T-Bird) and on the ECM. Shouldn't need to go to the dealer.

Reply to
Curt Nelson

Steve is right. But I wanted to emphasize what he said even further. Like you, I recently puchased a used Explorer, a 2000 Explorer EB. When he says it's in the jack compartment, he's not kidding. On my truck, I had to use a flashlight and looking at an angle I was finally able to get the code. It was printed on a small sticker on the inside of the jack compartment. It should be 5 digits long (mine was). So look VERY closely if at first you don't find it. It IS there. But it might take a while.

Good luck.

Reply to
Stephen Feger

Thanks, I had looked there before, but a very brief inspection. I'll take a much closer look.

Reply to
<cht3711